Friday, April 06, 2007

LEVI'S HERE! :)

Levi arrived two days ago (Wednesday) at around 2:30pm after an interesting trip. His plane was delayed for 8 hours in L.A. Bad enough but it was made far worse by the fact that he sat on the plane for the entire 8 hours on the tarmac with no aircon, no food, nothing. The stewardness was kind enough to lend him her mobile and he was able to ring me twice and let me know what was up.

I immediately rang Air NZ to change his connecting flight only to be told because I booked his flight on a supersaver plan that I had broken the rules!! What freakin' rule??? News to me...anywho is seems that you can only book those particular flights if you are an NZ resident (that is living in NZ not related to citizenship). Vince who has worked for the commerce commission says that is dodgy as hell, you can have one rule for some people (NZ'ers) and then another rule for others (as this is related to cost and is suss to charge two different prices). The upshot was they weren't going to honour his flight due to my rule breaking. I was going to have to pay 200 extra to get him on the 1:30pm flight. I kept the woman on the phone for an hour and a half and whittled her down to $75.00. I acknowledged that I had made a mistake but that under NZ laws and regs they have to be VERY clear with their regulations and rules around certain tickets.

Levi was very happy to see me at the airport and he and Vince have been getting along famously. Hard not to get along with Vince, as Levi says he's so calm about everything and he is. I've been feeding him up and giving him vitamins and he's enjoying himself. He was telling me how his Grandma got up every morning to make him breakfast. Vince and I had to talk him out of running around looking for work the first whole day he was here. Number one he's zonked, he still looks a bit pale and black under his eyes (jet lag). He had a four hour nap yesterday afternoon AND its the Easter weekend. Nothing is going to move until Tuesday.

He and the boys are helping Vince fix up the sleepout/flat so he can move in there ASAP. Its wonderful to have him here and wonderful to see him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How wonderful to have Levi there! Now to get the twins out there permanently! :)
Hugs
Jaye

4:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home