Wednesday, August 09, 2006



Hey everyone! I'm back :) I apologise for the length of time between posts. Once Vince and I are in the same house permanently (we are currently doing house-about, or "aboot" as Vince says I say :)) there will be a lot more posts.

This is Vince and Ben on Saturday morning, I was making pancakes. What have we been up too...well we spent the weekend (last one) going to the library, eating yum cha and trying to stay warm. The weather has been SHOCKING. I was just getting Vince to feel my bum (NO not for that reason) because it is SO cold is isn't even funny. I LOVE the weekend. Even though we often have to get up early for soccer we can hang out with each other all day, no pesky work to get in the way :)

We have completed the big move at work and are now residing in St. Paul's building instead of Vogel. Its one street back from where I was. It was fairly fraught as moves usually are. But we did it and the group of people I work with are great. Even better than that Vince is now 3 floors above me and we can meet for coffee in the Ministry Cafe (horrible horrible food and even worse coffee) or go out if we don't want to poison ourselves. As far as institutions go mine is fairly dysfunctional but you focus on the job at hand, the people you like and try not to worry about what you cannot influence. Survival in the public service, something tells me as a career I won't be making this particular ministry my long term goal. I like the public service and am a very good analyst, just not this particular area. But I"m cheerful and doing well, I am not without resources...thank GOD. And I met Vince :) ALL good.

Vince and I are going to Lake Taupo at the end of the month to stay in a bach. I will take piles of pictures and post them all. Its really good to see Jaye and family having such a good summer (rock on girl) and drop me a line to let me know what's up with you all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like YOU are having a busy summer as well! I was getting worried when I kept checking your blog and nothing...I wondered if you'd fallen into that black hole commonly known as NEW LOVE! hahahahahahahaha...
Hugs to you girlfriend!
Jaye

1:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home